Guest speaker Belinda Schwehr, Chief Executive and Founder of CASCAIDr
Thursday 24th May 2018 – David Lloyd Chorley | Moss Lane | PR6 8AB Chorley |
Two Sessions 1-3pm and 5-7pm
This event is for everyone – carers, advocates, people with learning disabilities, local carer and advocacy groups, charity leaders, commissioners and providers of adult social care.
It will look at what can be done about the unravelling of social care rights and freedoms in the light of continuing austerity and Belinda will cover:
- Direct Payments, the minimum wage, paying relatives, and sleep-in obligations
- Commissioning, re-tendering and consultation before changing a person’s life
- Supporting Living – home care or not?
- Changes to charging – and the impact of receiving non-care services
- Pros and cons of qualifying for CHC
- Getting out of an Assessment and Treatment Unit
- Update on DoLs.
This is a unique chance to hear from an expert in social care law. The whole session is led by Belinda so there is plenty of opportunity for discussion of individual problems.
A range of exhibitors will join us, ready to share what they do and what they’re working on.
Book your free place for the 1-3pm session https://lldcconference1pm.eventbrite.com SOLD OUT
Book your free place for the 5-7pm session https://lldcconference5pm.eventbrite.com
Having difficulty booking through Eventbrite? If you would like assistance registering your place please contact us on 07798 558 331 and we’ll be happy to assist.